“Building upon the previously published Dante’s Code Hell Inferno: the Nine Layers, this part II similarly inspired work takes us further into the Divine Comedy of Software Engineering as a playful and satiric overlay on Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy, which you can read in full in Project Gutenberg.
“Now that we have escaped the Code Inferno, before we arrive at the Paradise of Programming we have to make our way through the ten regions of the Code Purgatorio and really master the art of software engineering not only scripting:
- Ante-Purgatorio: Shores of Unorganised Code
- Ante-Purgatorio: Realm of Uncommitted Code
- First Terrace: Pride of Over-Engineering
- Second Terrace: Envy of the Code or Tools of Others
- Third Terrace: Wrath Against Changing Requirements
- Fourth Terrace: Being a Sloth of Continuous Learning
- Fifth Terrace: Knowledge Hoarding and Hero Complex
- Sixth Terrace: Gluttony for Resources
- Seventh Terrace: Lust for New Shiny Tech
- Earthly Paradise in the Code Review Garden”
—Adrian Nenu, “The Code Purgatorio: Ascension to Clean Code”, Medium, October 21, 2023
Read the full post at Medium.